Tea Party Patriots Ordinary citizens reclaiming America's founding principles.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Perfect Coup



cartoon by Bob Gorrell


Andrea Widburg, a/k/a Bookworm Room, posted “The Perfect Coup” - a hypothetical scenario – but one that’s been unfolding before our very eyes:

[Trump’s] indictment isn’t the first step;
it’s the last in a series of steps going back to 2016

If I were trying to overthrow a duly elected president, I’d start by saying that he conspired with a foreign power to cheat in the election. I’d believe I could get away with this charge because I would have the media on my side, relentlessly pounding away at the narrative. It would help that members of the president’s own party, despising him for destroying their cozy little arrangement with the opposition, refused to support him politically.

When it became apparent that the president was hugely effective at governing on those things that matter to ordinary people, such as the economy, national security, immigration, energy policy, etc., and that the false charges of treason and cheating, I’d look ahead to throwing the next election.

What I would need is a way to prevent the president from campaigning and a way to institutionalize election fraud. Thankfully, I would have gamed out long before the election what a government can do if faced with a pandemic infection. COVID’s appearance was providential. 

I would disagree here.  IMHO, COVID’s appearance was deliberate, as were the draconian protocols of vaxxing and masking (see e.g., Emerald Robinson here or Dr Robert Malone’s speech in Mexico City in March 2023).  But the balance of Ms Widburg’s scenario is spot-on.  Click here for the rest of it. 


NOTE:  This blog is moving to Substack during June 2023: the above blog now also appears at the new site here.  If you’re a regular reader, bookmark the new location! 

# # #


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting