Constitution Day Celebration
In an effort to energize and educate citizens about the Constitution and its importance, the Medina Tea Party Patriots are hosting a Constitution Day Celebration on Saturday, September 17th. We invite you to join us as we reclaim the truths and liberties that are found within this extraordinary document.
- What: Constitution Day Celebration
- Date: Saturday Sept. 17, 2011
- Time: 4pm - 6:30pm
- Location: Medina City Square (Map / Directions) (Parking Map Click here)
- Sheriff Richard Mack – One of Arizona’s renowned sheriffs who is a strong advocate of states' rights and individual freedoms (bio)
- Bill Federer – Nationally known author and historian who recently penned Change to Chains – The 6000 Year Quest for Control (bio)
- Dr. Michael Schwarz – Assistant professor of history at Ashland University and a fellow of the Ashbrook Center (bio)
- Chris Long – President of Ohio Christian Alliance who has been instrumental in getting the American Founding Documents Bill introduced in the Ohio Legislature (bio)
- Ken Hammontree – Historical reenactor who will be portraying Thomas Jefferson
On September 17, 1787, delegates gathered in Philadelphia for the last time to sign the Constitution. Their desire to “form a more perfect union” changed the course of history, putting the power of government into the hands of “We the People.”
What was a significant moment for our nation has sadly become an afterthought for many in our culture today. It seems Americans have forgotten the significance and meaning of the Constitution, which grants us freedom and liberty, and our elected officials have forsaken the very document our founders masterfully created.
What is a significant moment now is how the U.S. Constitution is under constant attack by the left. It is important, now more than ever, that we as Americans, embrace and hold dear the the document protecting our God-given rights and assuring our freedoms & libertys as citizens of the United States.