Harry Reid and his team of progressives voted to throw a CR, which includes Obamacare funding, back into the lap of the House.
In the middle of the night last night (Saturday), the House voted on that CR, with the following amendments:
1. Defund/Delay Full Implementation of Obamacare until 2015
2. Continue current government spending levels through December 15, 2013 (the bill that passed the Senate changed the date to Nov. 15 - this bill changes it back to Dec. 15)
3. Repeal the Medical Device Tax
The final vote on the House Amendments to the Senate Amendment to H.J. Res. 59 was 231-192, with 2 "Republicans" defecting, and 2 Democrats joining. Click here for a complete roll call.
The other vote was a unanimous vote for H.R. 3210. This legislation will ensure the military gets paid in the event that the Senate doesn't act to keep the government running.
Important note: Members of Congress would continue to be paid if a shutdown occurs.
Please take a moment to call your Congressman and thank him/her for standing with the American people.
Framing the Message
It's important when discussing this issue, people understand that the House, twice, has passed resolutions to continue funding the government. The Senate has voted against funding the government once: will they do it again?
They voted against the majority of Americans who now believe Obamacare is bad for the country. The voted against funding the government because the resolution did not include the perks previously carved out for themselves and their big business and union buddies.
Senator Ted Cruz continues to hit the nail on the head:
- The only people supporting Obamacare are exempted.
- Everyone not exempted, wants to delay it for a year
- Reid is willing to shut down government over refusal to compromise
Please continue to call your Senators and ask them not to vote for a government shutdown, but to vote in support of the American people.
# # #