If you want to join the heart & soul of the Tea Party movement & largest grassroots movement in the history of the United States -- click here and become a Tea Party Patriot!
The Honorary Mentions
10) Andrew Breitbart: Andrew Breitbart has really come into his own this year. He now has two huge successful blogs: Big Hollywood and Big Government -- with Big Journalism soon to come. Breitbart was also instrumental in getting James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles' outstanding reporting about ACORN into the hands of the public. Conservatives could use another dozen media entrepreneurs like Breitbart.
9) Marco Rubio: When the establishment Republicans at the NRSC coronated Charlie Crist with their endorsement, many people figured it was over for Marco Rubio. Crist was a popular, ideologically ambiguous Florida governor with a penchant for fundraising while Rubio was merely a young, charismatic conservative leader who was reaching out to conservatives.
A few months later, after some aggressive campaigning by Rubio, he's done the cover of National Review, he's headlining CPAC, and he's already tied with Crist. This race in Florida isn't just about Rubio and Crist; it's about who runs things in the Republican Party: the conservative base or the sort of elitists in charge at the NRSC. Rubio's waving the banner for the base and he's going to win.
8) Rush Limbaugh: It goes without saying that Limbaugh makes a big splash on the radio, but has a radio host ever been such a pivotal player that a presidential administration treated him as a huge threat? Perhaps the fact that Rush's ratings went up while the Obama Administration targeted him might explain why fighting with radio hosts is usually something Presidents avoid. If only Obama had as much enthusiasm for going after terrorists as he did for going after conservatives like Rush Limbaugh, we'd have the war on terror won in no time.
7) Jim DeMint: Nobody in the Senate has been more true to conservative ideals or fought harder against the Obama Administration than Jim DeMint. He has no official
leadership post and lot of establishment Republicans curse his name, but in the fight against socialism, DeMint is the guy who always seems to be on the front lines trying to encourage other Republicans to follow him into battle.
6) Carrie Prejean: Carrie Prejean never sought to involve herself in the battle over gay marriage when she entered the Miss USA contest, but after being asked a question about the subject and politely stating her opposition, she was thrust into the spotlight. Many people might think a bikini model with racy pics and "sex tapes" in her past might make a poor spokesman on an issue -- and they may be right.
However, the extraordinarily vile, over-the-top and perverted attacks on Carrie Prejean by gay marriage supporters fully revealed an extremely ugly side of a movement that too many Americans falsely view as victims. Prejean's respectful courage under fire in difficult circumstances helped make that possible and she deserves to be honored for standing up, not kicked under a bus.
5) Dick Cheney: There was a time when former Presidents and Vice-Presidents stayed away from the political arena out of respect for the men who followed them in office, but after years of meddling by Jimmy Carter, Al Gore, and Bill Clinton, Dick Cheney has decided that if the rules don't apply for Democrats, they shouldn't apply for Republicans either.
Cheney has not only done an excellent job of defending the Bush Administration's foreign policy, he has also been an extremely effective critic of the Obama Administration's poorly thought-out national security decisions. Americans should be grateful that there's still a Vice-President who's serious about
defending America from attack. Too bad he's not the VP who's in the White House.
4) Sarah Palin: Quitting her job as governor of Alaska may turn out to be a mistake, but if it is, at least Sarah Palin is making the most of it. Her book tour was a tremendous success, not only in the book-selling department, but in repairing her image. Moreover, she was one of the most effective Republican voices in the health care debate and in an innovative move, she did it from her Facebook page. If Sarah Palin can be as successful in 2010 and 2011 as she was in 2009, we may be calling her President Palin in 2012.
3) Glenn Beck: Beck's ratings exploded in 2009 -- and no wonder. He has a unique charismatic style and he has become one of the Obama Administration's most fierce and effective critics. He created his own 9/12 movement, did a comedy tour, blistered ACORN, and knocked off Obama czar Van Jones. It has been a big year for Beck and hopefully, there will be more big years to come.
2) James O'Keefe & Hannah Giles: Who would have ever thought that a couple of kids in ridiculous outfits would end up doing the best reporting since Woodward and Bernstein? O'Keefe and Giles posed as a prostitute and pimp trying to set up a child prostitution racket, and they managed to get ACORN employees in at least 6 cities to help them out on hidden camera. The resulting scandal badly tarnished ACORN's reputation, cost it a considerable amount of money, and made it so radioactive as an organization that it made it into a South Park episode. If O'Keefe & Giles were liberals who had targeted conservatives this successfully, they'd be getting fawning mentions in the media, Pulitzers, and their own hokey, romanticized made-for-TV movie -- and they'd deserve it all.
1) The Tea Party Movement: Is it fair to choose a growing, thriving, leaderless mass of American citizens who've sprang up across the country as the conservative of the year? I think so. In the past, those of us on the Right have mostly left the political rallies to liberals. However, the radical and dangerous socialistic impulses of the Obama Administration have panicked the American people and caused conservatives across the country to come together in the streets to say "enough is enough."
The Tea Party movement has been mocked, slandered, and smeared at every opportunity for a simple reason -- it's getting members of the "silent majority" who make the country work, out of their armchairs and into the streets where they're being inspired to go to Townhall meetings, call their congressmen, and vote. Today's political landscape will probably look very different after November of 2010 and the Tea Party movement will deserve a lot of the credit.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
From Verum Serum -- (Emphasis Added)
“Putting Americans to work doing the work that America needs done“…
10. A $427,824 research grant to design better video games for senior citizens based on their unique “game-play needs”.
9. Funding of a Dartmouth College study involving “sexual arousal in anesthetized female rats” ($9,870).
8. Funding of a $168,300 SBA loan to the Escape Massage parlor in Midlothian, VA.
7. Funding a $447,492 Univ. of North Carolina study on the development and use of “African American English” amongst 70 adolescents.
6. $10,346 for a heating and cooling company to provide “escort services” for other companies performing a laser scanning survey at a courthouse in Honolulu, Hawaii.
5. An academic study comparing outcomes of the concurrent and separate use of malt liquor and marijuana ($389,357).
4. A $225,000 study at Ohio State University on the relative and combined impacts of air pollution and a high fat diet on obesity development.
3. A $712,883 research grant to develop “machine-generated humor“. Project will design artificially intelligent “comedic performance agents”, and will “deploy them both on and off-line for the enjoyment and illumination of everyday citizens”.
2. A $54 million project to relocate one bridge for the Napa Valley Wine Train (!) in order to mitigate the possible impact of a “100 year storm event”.
And the number one most ridiculous use of stimulus funds…
1. $9.3 million (!) to fund the design and development of a “coordinated colony of robotic bees“!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2009 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.” The list, in alphabetical order, includes:
1. Senator Christopher Dodd (D-CT): This marks two years in a row for Senator Dodd, who made the 2008 “Ten Most Corrupt” list for his corrupt relationship with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and for accepting preferential treatment and loan terms from Countrywide Financial, a scandal which still dogs him. In 2009, the scandals kept coming for the Connecticut Democrat. In 2009, Judicial Watch filed a Senate ethics complaint against Dodd for undervaluing a property he owns in Ireland on his Senate Financial Disclosure forms. Judicial Watch's complaint forced Dodd to amend the forms. However, press reports suggest the property to this day remains undervalued. Judicial Watch also alleges in the complaint that Dodd obtained a sweetheart deal for the property in exchange for his assistance in obtaining a presidential pardon (during the Clinton administration) and other favors for a long-time friend and business associate. The false financial disclosure forms were part of the cover-up. Dodd remains the head the Senate Banking Committee.
2. Senator John Ensign (R-NV): A number of scandals popped up in 2009 involving public officials who conducted illicit affairs, and then attempted to cover them up with hush payments and favors, an obvious abuse of power. The year’s worst offender might just be Nevada Republican Senator John Ensign. Ensign admitted in June to an extramarital affair with the wife of one of his staff members, who then allegedly obtained special favors from the Nevada Republican in exchange for his silence. According to The New York Times: “The Justice Department and the Senate Ethics Committee are expected to conduct preliminary inquiries into whether Senator John Ensign violated federal law or ethics rules as part of an effort to conceal an affair with the wife of an aide…” The former staffer, Douglas Hampton, began to lobby Mr. Ensign's office immediately upon leaving his congressional job, despite the fact that he was subject to a one-year lobbying ban. Ensign seems to have ignored the law and allowed Hampton lobbying access to his office as a payment for his silence about the affair. (These are potentially criminal offenses.) It looks as if Ensign misused his public office (and taxpayer resources) to cover up his sexual shenanigans.
3. Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA): Judicial Watch is investigating a $12 million TARP cash injection provided to the Boston-based OneUnited Bank at the urging of Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank. As reported in the January 22, 2009, edition of the Wall Street Journal, the Treasury Department indicated it would only provide funds to healthy banks to jump-start lending. Not only was OneUnited Bank in massive financial turmoil, but it was also "under attack from its regulators for allegations of poor lending practices and executive-pay abuses, including owning a Porsche for its executives' use." Rep. Frank admitted he spoke to a "federal regulator," and Treasury granted the funds. (The bank continues to flounder despite Frank’s intervention for federal dollars.) Moreover, Judicial Watch uncovered documents in 2009 that showed that members of Congress for years were aware that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were playing fast and loose with accounting issues, risk assessment issues and executive compensation issues, even as liberals led by Rep. Frank continued to block attempts to rein in the two Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs). For example, during a hearing on September 10, 2003, before the House Committee on Financial Services considering a Bush administration proposal to further regulate Fannie and Freddie, Rep. Frank stated: "I want to begin by saying that I am glad to consider the legislation, but I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two Government Sponsored Enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis. We have recently had an accounting problem with Freddie Mac that has led to people being dismissed, as appears to be appropriate. I do not think at this point there is a problem with a threat to the Treasury." Frank received $42,350 in campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac between 1989 and 2008. Frank also engaged in a relationship with a Fannie Mae Executive while serving on the House Banking Committee, which has jurisdiction over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
4. Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner: In 2009, Obama Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner admitted that he failed to pay $34,000 in Social Security and Medicare taxes from 2001-2004 on his lucrative salary at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), an organization with 185 member countries that oversees the global financial system. (Did we mention Geithner now runs the IRS?) It wasn’t until President Obama tapped Geithner to head the Treasury Department that he paid back most of the money, although the IRS kindly waived the hefty penalties. In March 2009, Geithner also came under fire for his handling of the AIG bonus scandal, where the company used $165 million of its bailout funds to pay out executive bonuses, resulting in a massive public backlash. Of course as head of the New York Federal Reserve, Geithner helped craft the AIG deal in September 2008. However, when the AIG scandal broke, Geithner claimed he knew nothing of the bonuses until March 10, 2009. The timing is important. According to CNN: “Although Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told congressional leaders on Tuesday that he learned of AIG's impending $160 million bonus payments to members of its troubled financial-products unit on March 10, sources tell TIME that the New York Federal Reserve informed Treasury staff that the payments were imminent on Feb. 28. That is ten days before Treasury staffers say they first learned ‘full details’ of the bonus plan, and three days before the [Obama] Administration launched a new $30 billion infusion of cash for AIG.” Throw in another embarrassing disclosure in 2009 that Geithner employed “household help” ineligible to work in the United States, and it becomes clear why the Treasury Secretary has earned a spot on the “Ten Most Corrupt Politicians in Washington” list.
5. Attorney General Eric Holder: Tim Geithner can be sure he won’t be hounded about his tax-dodging by his colleague Eric Holder, US Attorney General. Judicial Watch strongly opposed Holder because of his terrible ethics record, which includes: obstructing an FBI investigation of the theft of nuclear secrets from Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory; rejecting multiple requests for an independent counsel to investigate alleged fundraising abuses by then-Vice President Al Gore in the Clinton White House; undermining the criminal investigation of President Clinton by Kenneth Starr in the midst of the Lewinsky investigation; and planning the violent raid to seize then-six-year-old Elian Gonzalez at gunpoint in order to return him to Castro’s Cuba. Moreover, there is his soft record on terrorism. Holder bypassed Justice Department procedures to push through Bill Clinton’s scandalous presidential pardons and commutations, including for 16 members of FALN, a violent Puerto Rican terrorist group that orchestrated approximately 120 bombings in the United States, killing at least six people and permanently maiming dozens of others, including law enforcement officers. His record in the current administration is no better. As he did during the Clinton administration, Holder continues to ignore serious incidents of corruption that could impact his political bosses at the White House. For example, Holder has refused to investigate charges that the Obama political machine traded VIP access to the White House in exchange for campaign contributions – a scheme eerily similar to one hatched by Holder’s former boss, Bill Clinton in the 1990s. The Holder Justice Department also came under fire for dropping a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party. On Election Day 2008, Black Panthers dressed in paramilitary garb threatened voters as they approached polling stations. Holder has also failed to initiate a comprehensive Justice investigation of the notorious organization ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), which is closely tied to President Obama. There were allegedly more than 400,000 fraudulent ACORN voter registrations in the 2008 campaign. And then there were the journalist videos catching ACORN Housing workers advising undercover reporters on how to evade tax, immigration, and child prostitution laws. Holder’s controversial decisions on new rights for terrorists and his attacks on previous efforts to combat terrorism remind many of the fact that his former law firm has provided and continues to provide pro bono representation to terrorists at Guantanamo Bay. Holder’s politicization of the Justice Department makes one long for the days of Alberto Gonzales.
6. Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL)/ Senator Roland Burris (D-IL): One of the most serious scandals of 2009 involved a scheme by former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to sell President Obama’s then-vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder. Two men caught smack dab in the middle of the scandal: Senator Roland Burris, who ultimately got the job, and Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, emissaries for Jesse Jackson Jr., named "Senate Candidate A" in the Blagojevich indictment, reportedly offered $1.5 million to Blagojevich during a fundraiser if he named Jackson Jr. to Obama's seat. Three days later federal authorities arrested Blagojevich. Burris, for his part, apparently lied about his contacts with Blagojevich, who was arrested in December 2008 for trying to sell Obama’s Senate seat. According to Reuters: “Roland Burris came under fresh scrutiny…after disclosing he tried to raise money for the disgraced former Illinois governor who named him to the U.S. Senate seat once held by President Barack Obama…In the latest of those admissions, Burris said he looked into mounting a fundraiser for Rod Blagojevich -- later charged with trying to sell Obama's Senate seat -- at the same time he was expressing interest to the then-governor's aides about his desire to be appointed.” Burris changed his story five times regarding his contacts with Blagojevich prior to the Illinois governor appointing him to the U.S. Senate. Three of those changing explanations came under oath.
7. President Barack Obama: During his presidential campaign, President Obama promised to run an ethical and transparent administration. However, in his first year in office, the President has delivered corruption and secrecy, bringing Chicago-style political corruption to the White House. Consider just a few Obama administration “lowlights” from year one: Even before President Obama was sworn into office, he was interviewed by the FBI for a criminal investigation of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s scheme to sell the President’s former Senate seat to the highest bidder. (Obama’s Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and slumlord Valerie Jarrett, both from Chicago, are also tangled up in the Blagojevich scandal.) Moreover, the Obama administration made the startling claim that the Privacy Act does not apply to the White House. The Obama White House believes it can violate the privacy rights of American citizens without any legal consequences or accountability. President Obama boldly proclaimed that "transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency," but his administration is addicted to secrecy, stonewalling far too many of Judicial Watch's Freedom of Information Act requests and is refusing to make public White House visitor logs as federal law requires. The Obama administration turned the National Endowment of the Arts (as well as the agency that runs the AmeriCorps program) into propaganda machines, using tax dollars to persuade "artists" to promote the Obama agenda. According to documents uncovered by Judicial Watch, the idea emerged as a direct result of the Obama campaign and enjoyed White House approval and participation. President Obama has installed a record number of "czars" in positions of power. Too many of these individuals are leftist radicals who answer to no one but the president. And too many of the czars are not subject to Senate confirmation (which raises serious constitutional questions). Under the President’s bailout schemes, the federal government continues to appropriate or control -- through fiat and threats -- large sectors of the private economy, prompting conservative columnist George Will to write: “The administration's central activity -- the political allocation of wealth and opportunity -- is not merely susceptible to corruption, it is corruption.” Government-run healthcare and car companies, White House coercion, uninvestigated ACORN corruption, debasing his office to help Chicago cronies, attacks on conservative media and the private sector, unprecedented and dangerous new rights for terrorists, perks for campaign donors – this is Obama’s “ethics” record -- and we haven't even gotten through the first year of his presidency.
8. Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): At the heart of the corruption problem in Washington is a sense of entitlement. Politicians believe laws and rules (even the U.S. Constitution) apply to the rest of us but not to them. Case in point: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her excessive and boorish demands for military travel. Judicial Watch obtained documents from the Pentagon in 2008 that suggest Pelosi has been treating the Air Force like her own personal airline. These documents, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, include internal Pentagon email correspondence detailing attempts by Pentagon staff to accommodate Pelosi's numerous requests for military escorts and military aircraft as well as the speaker's 11th hour cancellations and changes. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also came under fire in April 2009, when she claimed she was never briefed about the CIA's use of the waterboarding technique during terrorism investigations. The CIA produced a report documenting a briefing with Pelosi on September 4, 2002, that suggests otherwise. Judicial Watch also obtained documents, including a CIA Inspector General report, which further confirmed that Congress was fully briefed on the enhanced interrogation techniques. Aside from her own personal transgressions, Nancy Pelosi has ignored serious incidents of corruption within her own party, including many of the individuals on this list. (See Rangel, Murtha, Jesse Jackson, Jr., etc.)
9. Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and the rest of the PMA Seven: Rep. John Murtha made headlines in 2009 for all the wrong reasons. The Pennsylvania congressman is under federal investigation for his corrupt relationship with the now-defunct defense lobbyist PMA Group. PMA, founded by a former Murtha associate, has been the congressman's largest campaign contributor. Since 2002, Murtha has raised $1.7 million from PMA and its clients. And what did PMA and its clients receive from Murtha in return for their generosity? Earmarks -- tens of millions of dollars in earmarks. In fact, even with all of the attention surrounding his alleged influence peddling, Murtha kept at it. Following an FBI raid of PMA's offices earlier in 2009, Murtha continued to seek congressional earmarks for PMA clients, while also hitting them up for campaign contributions. According to The Hill, in April, "Murtha reported receiving contributions from three former PMA clients for whom he requested earmarks in the pending appropriations bills." When it comes to the PMA scandal, Murtha is not alone. As many as six other Members of Congress are currently under scrutiny according to The Washington Post. They include: Peter J. Visclosky (D-IN.), James P. Moran Jr. (D-VA), Norm Dicks (D-WA.), Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), C.W. Bill Young (R-FL.) and Todd Tiahrt (R-KS.). Of course rather than investigate this serious scandal, according to Roll Call House Democrats circled the wagons, "cobbling together a defense to offer political cover to their rank and file.” The Washington Post also reported in 2009 that Murtha’s nephew received $4 million in Defense Department no-bid contracts: "Newly obtained documents…show Robert Murtha mentioning his influential family connection as leverage in his business dealings and holding unusual power with the military.”
10. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY): Rangel, the man in charge of writing tax policy for the entire country, has yet to adequately explain how he could possibly "forget" to pay taxes on $75,000 in rental income he earned from his off-shore rental property. He also faces allegations that he improperly used his influence to maintain ownership of highly coveted rent-controlled apartments in Harlem, and misused his congressional office to fundraise for his private Rangel Center by preserving a tax loophole for an oil drilling company in exchange for funding. On top of all that, Rangel recently amended his financial disclosure reports, which doubled his reported wealth. (He somehow “forgot” about $1 million in assets.) And what did he do when the House Ethics Committee started looking into all of this? He apparently resorted to making "campaign contributions" to dig his way out of trouble. According to WCBS TV, a New York CBS affiliate: “The reigning member of Congress' top tax committee is apparently ‘wrangling’ other politicos to get him out of his own financial and tax troubles...Since ethics probes began last year the 79-year-old congressman has given campaign donations to 119 members of Congress, including three of the five Democrats on the House Ethics Committee who are charged with investigating him.” Charlie Rangel should not be allowed to remain in Congress, let alone serve as Chairman of the powerful House Ways and Means Committee, and he knows it. That’s why he felt the need to disburse campaign contributions to Ethics Committee members and other congressional colleagues.
Of course Wilson was not in, but can you believe the staffers didn't even offer these Patriots spreading Holiday cheer a Christmas cookie?
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Forget about the keys.... it looks like friends shouldn't let friends drink and get on the Senate floor! And some people thought Rep. Joe Wilson's "You Lie" remark was offensive!
Even more disturbing is, passing on a 60-39 vote, this legislation would have failed except for the kick in the conservative Christmas cookies delivered by none other than Ohio's own Senator George Voino-Grinch....
Voinovich, who is retiring, said he voted "yes" after Majority Leader Harry Reid agreed to consider amendments when the Senate takes up the matter again next month. Bayh told the Senate Budget Committee in November that he would oppose an increase in the limit unless Congress commits to a strict new debt-fighting plan.
There was one defection on each side: GOP Sen. George Voinovich of Ohio and Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana.
The current measure is needed as a result of the out-of-control budget deficit, which registered $1.4 trillion for the budget year that ended in September. The current debt ceiling is $12.1 trillion and is set to be reached by Dec. 31. (The Plain Dealer)The liberally biased Plain Dealer makes a point several times in the article to cite that the Republicans did this twice when Bush was in office -- as if that makes it right!
With Harry Reid desperate as a crack addict needing that next rock to pass this legislation and Bayh jumping ship, Senator Voinovich could have held strong and demanded the oversight panel to curb the debt be put in place if they wanted his vote. Instead Voinovich takes a empty promise from Harry Reid (???) that they can look at it amendments at a later date. This is about the same as Cuyahoga County Chairman Rob Frost supporting the forced sales tax increase for the Med Mart after being promised the tax will be rescinded in 30 years.
Voinovich was in a position to use his influence and vote to demand concessions -- such as the bipartisan task force to curb spending. But like the other senator from Ohio, Voinovich walks away with nothing. With Voinovich, a so-called conservative from Cuyahoga County, these types of things are only to be expected and this is EXACTLY why we were concerned about his vote on the health care bill.
Showing that he is a spineless hypocrite, just a curious & confused conservative or was masquerading as a "fiscal conservative", Voinovich posted a press release proudly thumping his chest that part of the reasons he was against the nearly $2 trillion health care bill was the out of control costs and the impact it will have on our national debt....
“Americans watching the health care debate in Washington should know that the actions of Congress will have far-reaching consequences on their lives and our entire economy."
“Just this week, our national debt surpassed the $12 trillion mark. My colleagues know we face a fiscal train wreck..." (emphasis added)
As they are inheriting his votes, and before Voinovich does anymore damage, it would be a sign of true leadership if the candidates running to replace the retiring RINO would call him out on this irresponsible vote of plunging our country into deeper debt.
But will these candidates show the Tea Party Patriots and 9.12 members that they are leaders and challenge the ranking Senator from our state?
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
The only difference between Landrieu & Brown is, Landrieu, along with several other Sen-a-whores, held out for Reid's tax dollar filled government "envelope" while it appears Senator Sherrod Brown negotiating skills couldn't get him a free lunch from a homeless shelter soup kitchen.
From Family Research Council --
December 22, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CONTACT: J.P. Duffy, (866) FRC-NEWS
Senator Landrieu Closes Office: Constituents Turned Away at the Door, Callers Reach Only Busy Signals
FRC’s Tony Perkins Calls Closure the “Height of Arrogance”
Baton Rouge, LA – This afternoon, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins attempted to deliver a letter to Senator Mary Landrieu’s Baton Rouge office only to be told by a federal marshal that her offices were “closed for the holidays.” Over 150 concerned citizens joined Perkins at a rally in front of Senator Landrieu’s office to urge the Senator to oppose the government takeover of health care.
Family Research Council President Tony Perkins made the following comments:
“We were stunned to learn why so many phone calls have been unanswered and met with continuous busy signals: As the Senate debates one of the most far reaching pieces of legislation in history, Senator Mary Landrieu has closed her office and her ears to Louisianans.
“Senator Landrieu sent press aides to offer the Senator’s spin on the health care bill but she did not make a staffer available to receive letters or answer phone calls. Senator Landrieu knows that almost two-thirds of Louisiana voters oppose the health care overhaul. However, refusing to take their phone calls is insulting and the height of arrogance. Americans are outraged at the conduct of the Majority in the United States Senate and they should be.
“If Senator Landrieu’s office had been open, she would have heard a clear message that Louisianans want her to stop this abominable health care bill that will force every American to support Planned Parenthood in the killing of unborn children, saddle families with higher insurance premiums, raise our taxes and deny our parents and grandparents the essential health care they need.”
From Politico --
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), took credit for $10 billion in new funding for community health centers, while denying it was a “sweetheart deal.” He was clearly more enthusiastic about a bill he said he couldn't support just three days ago.
Nelson and Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) carved out an exemption for non-profit insurers in their states from a hefty excise tax. Similar insurers in the other 48 states will pay the tax.
Vermont and Massachusetts were given additional Medicaid funding, another plus for Sanders and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) Three states – Pennsylvania, New York and Florida – all won protections for their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries at a time when the program is facing cuts nationwide.
All of this came on top of a $300 million increase for Medicaid in Louisiana, designed to win the vote of Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu.
Maybe the Federal prosecutors investigating the corruption in Cuyahoga County should go to D.C. and investigate what is either -- Reid bribing a select few of his fellow Democrat Sen-a-whores or these Sen-a-whores are extorting him.
While President Obama claims this backroom bartering is compromise and the cost of doing business in Washington, the prosecutors investigating the corruption here consider this type of behavior by public officials -- criminal!
Regardless, the God Given and Constitutionally protected rights of "We the people" are again facing a full frontal assault from the D.C. dipweeds in this historic fleecing of America called health care reform.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Dear ALL Patriotic Americans:
This is the video of our meeting in Sen. Jim Webb's office in Washington, D.C. on December 15, 2009. The tall man in the light suit is Webb's chief of staff....I have seen him being interviewed on FOX. (I am hidden in the corner by the door, right under the man standing on the chair with his camera.....but you can't see me.)
The blond woman in the red snowflake sweater, resident of of the good state of Virginia, is an American History, U. S. Constitution, and English teacher/expert. She home-schooled her 4 children. She was well-spoken and knew her subject using the U.S. Constitution. She also spoke at Sen. Mark Warner's senate office with his Chief of Staff, Luke Albee......what a "talking points" leftist clone he was...rambling on and on with distorted facts and figures. We called him on it.
The majority of Virginians who spoke up allowed us (from Ohio and Tenn. to speak up). Chief of Staff Albee tried to shut us down, but the Virginians stepped in and defended my right to speak up because "we were all Americans together" and what Sen. Webb does affects all of the U.S. It was a hoot. The Virginians are quite spirited and firmly grounded with patriotism and love of our country. This is an anti-life bill and democrat Sen. Ben Nelson, Nebraska, sold his soul. There is no way a person who says he is pro-life can even be a democrat because the democrat party has been hijacked by leftist/socialists who worship at the culture of death altar. Sen. Nelson lied.....and we all know Obama lies. What is happening in Congress is an assault on our God-given freedoms. Vote them out of office in 2010.
Note the doctor that came in to speak out (Dr. Sachs). I believe he is in the 2nd or 3rd video. The doctor should run for Webb's senate seat.
God bless America,
D.C. Code Red Video #1
D.C. Code Red Video #2
D.C. Code Red Video #3
Monday, December 21, 2009
Tom Ganley is a Cleveland businessman, father, crime fighter and he is running for U.S. Senate in 2010. Many of us do not know him and would like to know what he thinks, what his positions are, what is in his heart? Do you want to find out more and/or ask him questions? I do.
In the SeekingReason radio program, on Monday December 21st we will be talking to Tom. This will be a unique program broadcast live from the Joseph-Beth Booksellers store in the legacy mall, Beechwood Ohio . The radio program will start at 5:00 PM and run through 7:00 PM… Those wanting to listen in or take part have a lot of opportunity. You can be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers downstairs in front of the fireplace. Seating will be limited, I suggest you come early. You can listen live in the Ashtabula area via A.M. 1360. You can stream (listen via the internet) the program via www.1360wwow.com.
You can listen in via www.blogtalkradio.com/seekingreason click the play button. You can even stream to your smart phone using either the 1360 website link provided or blogtalkradio link provided. You can also go to the www.seekingreason.com the wow1360 tab and click a link to get the program.
If you would like to call in and ask a question of Tom you can do so by calling 440-593-1360 or 917-889-2703. You can also tweet us @seekingreason with questions/comments before, during or after the program. You can also email us a question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a lot of ways to get involved and be a part of history. Don’t be upset if you don’t hear your question. Given the large number of individuals and questions, we will be selecting those that seem to be most often asked and that I as your humble host find the most interesting.
I look forward to hearing and/or seeing you all. Help to make this an event that will enlighten and inform a large political community from all persuasions.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
The ad targets Ben Nelson in attempts to get his vote to change back to no on the Senate Health Care Bill.
Look at this fight in the Senate as if we are in the 11th round of a 12 round championship boxing match. We may be bloody, bruised and battered and this is only a Standing 8 count -- this round in the Senate is not yet over and we still got one left!
Buck up Patriots and continue making calls to the targeted Senators. We knew we were in for a battle, we knew what we were up against and we knew it was going to be a knock down dragged out fight. But know one thing.... they want us to quit.
If the lines are busy and voice mails full, continue calling back until they ring and.or the voice mails are taking messages again. When they clear the voice mails -- fill 'em right back up!
President Obama issued this challenge over health care awhile back. When referring to the battle over government run health care he said, "I'm not tired, I'm just getting started...". Let's continue meeting that challenge like we already have shown that we can!
An extraordinary recent statement by Sen. Robert Byrd has stunned his coal-dependent home state and left West Virginia politicians and business leaders scrambling to understand the timing and motivation behind his unexpected discourse on the future of the coal industry.
In an early December op-ed piece released by his office — also recorded on audio by the frail 92-year-old senator — Byrd argued that resistance to constraints on mountaintop-removal coal mining and a failure to acknowledge that “the truth is that some form of climate legislation will likely become public policy” represent the real threat to the future of coal.
“Change has been a constant throughout the history of our coal industry,” Byrd said in the 1,161-word statement. “West Virginians can choose to anticipate change and adapt to it or resist and be overrun by it. One thing is clear: The time has arrived for the people of the Mountain State to think long and hard about which course they want to choose.”
In almost any other state, Byrd’s remarks might not have caused such a stir. But in West Virginia, where the coal industry — even in its currently diminished form — accounts for 30,000 jobs and more than $3.5 billion in gross annual product and provides roughly half of all American coal exports, according to the state coal association, his statement reverberated across the political landscape. More...
Omaha Office Tel: (402) 391-3411 Fax: (402) 391-4725
Lincoln Office Tel: Tel: (402) 441-4600 Fax: (402) 476-8753
Zip Code: 68508
Scottsbluff Office Tel: (308) 631-7614
Kearney Office Tel: (308) 293-5818
South Sioux CityTel: (402) 209-3595
Danville Office Tel: Phone: 434-792-0976 Fax: 434-972-0978
Zip Code: 24541
Zip Code: 23462
Northern Virginia Office Tel: Phone:703-573-7090 Fax:703-573-7098
Zip Code: 22042
Norton Office Tel: Phone: 276-679-4925 Fax: 276-679-4929
Zip Code: 24273
Richmond Office Tel: Phone: 804-771-2221 Fax: 804-771-8313
Zip Code: 23219
Roanoke Office Tel: Phone: 540-772-4236 Fax: 540-772-6870
Zip Code: 24018
Zip Code: 24210
Zip Code: 23510
Richmond Office Tel: Phone Number: 804-775-2314 Fax Number: 804-775-2319
Zip Code: 23219
Vienna Office Tel: Phone: 703-442-0670 Fax: 703-442-0408
Patriots from across the U.S. - AGAIN - gathered in D.C. not only to speak out against the country killing bill that will allow a government take over of our health care system and 1/6th of our economy, but to also ask....
Throughout the day Patriots participated in the Government Waiting Rooms protest that was held. In this stage of the event Patriots went to the offices of our 13 targeted Senators, who are somehow never there when Tea Party Patriots or 9.12 members show up. Since the off-the-clock Senators were not in -- people 'waited' for them in their office -- hence the "Government Waiting Rooms." The highlight or lowlight of this event was when Mark Meckler and a couple other national coordinators for the Tea Party Patriots were escorted out of Senator Joe Liebermans office.
While the Government Waiting Rooms were being staged many Patriots went to their local Senators offices. The Ohio contingent of Tea Party Patriots were denied their scheduled meeting with Senator Sherrod Brown legislative aide because of a technicality in the appointment process. Although Mike P, who coordinated the trip for us, grabbed a Brown staffer in the hallway and was able to squeeze out 5 minutes of their time to express the Tea Party sentiments about the proposed Senate health care bill. ( You get two guesses how that went).
Of course these staffers claimed Senator Brown was unavailable. But we know, and you will soon read here how one of our Cleveland Tea Party Patriots DID run into Senator Brown in the hallway. It is understood that when Senator Brown was approached by our member and her feeling on the health care bill were expressed, Senator Brown stated, "I've already made up my mind," turned his back on her and walked away. Senator Brown was then joined by his wife, PD Columnist Connie Schultz, who came walking out of his office, as he continued walking away and ignoring his constiuents from Ohio. ( It sounds as if only lobbyists and union thugs are allowed to talk with Senator Brown).
That afternoon, anywhere from 10,000 - 15,000 patriots from across the U.S., gathered at Upper Senate Park for a rally staged by the Tea Party Patriots, Conservatives for Patients’ Rights, National Tax Payers Union and Americans for Prosperity....
and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann...
Friday, December 18, 2009
The term "crisis" is thrown around rather liberally today, but there should be no question that our nation is in a desperate situation today. Our problem is not merely fiscal, but political and cultural. Our deficits and growing debt are driven by a government that is no longer constrained by the rule of law.
Generally speaking, most politicians are on the bandwagon of supporting an increase in government power and spending. On the political left, the argument is that the government's spending should be unchecked, it is the people and business that needs to be watched. For the vast majority of those on the right in Congress, the answer is a sad response of "yes, government can spend where it wants... the only question is how much." They fight back with pleas of, "this amount of spending may be dangerous," when they should be declaring that we are committing economic and political crimes.
On the political landscape today, it is hard to find members of Congress who are willing to speak with honesty about the direction our nation is going, one of the few exceptions is Ted Poe of Texas. Poe has been a frequent guest on my radio show and he voted against bailouts and TARP even when the conventional wisdom was that they were necessary. Recently, he has become aggressive in his disdain for a government that is out of control.
Congressman Poe has introduced House Resolution 959 which expresses the sense that many member of Congress "challenge the authority of the federal government to require by law that Americans purchase health insurance, or any goods or services." Substantively, bills like this have little importance. If a majority pass it, there will be no actual change in the law. However, there has been little discussion of all on what the limits of government are, so I find this action very refreshing.
Congressman Poe notes that "Any bill that requires Americans to buy something under the guise of a tax or pay a fine, violates House procedural rules. This legislation is based on the premise that such a bill is an unconstitutional exercise of legislative taxing authority. Thus any such bills brought to the floor would be ruled out of order."
There is a growing movement towards the restoration of the federal system established by the Founding Fathers and it is based on Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution, which states: "The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States."
The Congressman goes on to describe the direction this nation is drifting towards: "It is a very slippery slope to allow Congress to expand this authority for the purpose of forcing American citizens to buy health insurance or anything else," Congressman Poe continued. "We must heed the confines of our Constitution, not ignore it in a mad rush to expand the federal government or reinterpret its meaning to serve a political purpose."
I, for one, am only interested in supporting candidates of Congress who share a similar view. The Constitution is the law of the land and every member who swears to defend it should be bound to that reasonable standard.
Kevin Price is a syndicated columnist whose articles frequently appear at ChicagoSunTimes.com, Reuters.com, USAToday.com, and other national media. Kevin Price is Host of the Price of Business (M-F at 11 AM on CNN 650) and Publisher of the Houston Business Review. Hear the show live and online at PriceofBusiness.com. Visit the archive of past shows here.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
This represents Nancy Pelosi's gift to the american people. A 2,000 page, 1.3 trillion dollar new bureaucracy for healthcare. This is CECIL'S TEXT BOOK FOR INTERNAL MEDICINE. If you read this (CECIL'S TEXT BOOK FOR INTERNAL MEDICINE), you may be an internist. If you read this (2,000 BILL), you are likely an insomniac.
We have the best healthcare in the world. When Canadians, who by the way hate socialized medicine, need a knee replacement or timely treatment, they come to the United States. We have the mecca of healthcare, Mayo's Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, M.D. Anderson Cancer Treatment Facility, Barnes Hospital-Missouri. We have university hospitals which train not only American doctors but many of the doctors that practice all over the world. We have emergency rooms, hospitals and clinics in almost every town. I bet you would be hard pressed to find a person, with or without health insurance, that couldn't find a provider to care for them at times of need.
Yes, Mr. Obama, I will see an indigent patient for free and NO, Mr. Obama, I will not take out a child's tonsils just for a bigger reimbursement.
Lets not try to reinvent the wheel. Our system may not be perfect, but I'm worried. It's about to get a whole lot worse.
THE CASE AGAINST "OBAMACARE"
The plan is to require employers to either provide "government approved" health coverage to all employees or pay a stiff penalty (a tax). Now I run a small business-it just happens to be a medical clinic. We have 10 salaried employees, including myself. We are a non-profit clinic. At the end of the year, hopefully we break even financially. Now the government says I must supply my employees with health insurance-lets say $500 per month per employee, that's $60,000 per year. Where does the money come from? I have a choice:
1. I can raise my price-but I can't since the government sets my prices.
2. I can lay off an employee-adding 1 more to the already 4million who have lost their job since Obama took office.
3. I can sell my clinic to a larger system,Skaggs, Cox, St. Johns-just another casualty of "Obamacare".
And I represent many other small businesses. Yesterday, I was practicing this talk at the Quick-Mart on Mount Branson. Another Mom & Pop business struggling to survive in today's economy. This becomes very personal to their employees when they realize, with the addition of healthcare they may have insurance, but they won't have jobs. And by the way, if you don't carry insurance you may be sent to prison. I can see it now-3 prisoners in the yard "I was convicted for killing a family of 3"; "I was convicted of armed robbery and arson"; and "Well, you have nothing on me-I didn't have health insurance".
SO HOW ARE WE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS PLAN?
I'm not much of an economist, but this I understand:
Slave 25 50 75 100
If one makes $100 and goes to a store where everything cost $100 or less, they are free to choose anything in that store. But if someone takes 25% away, they have less freedom, less choice to choose. If one takes 50% from them, they have even less freedom, less choice...and 75%...and if one works all day, and at the end of the day, all of the money they earned is taken from them...they have no choice, no freedom. They are now a slave.
In the United States there are two types that can take our money from us without our permission. The thief comes, sticks a gun in our ribs and demands our pay. We hand him the envelope and he takes the money. Or, the thief comes, sticks a gun in our ribs demanding our pay. We hand him the envelope. When he opens it, it is already empty. He says, Uncle Sam has beat me to you.
This plan is going to be expensive! Nancy Pelosi says this is a 1.3 trillion dollar plan. I suspect this is code talk for 2 to 3 trillion dollars. And that figure doesn't even include the 300 million dollars in pork Louisiana's senator, Mary Landreau, was paid for her vote.
Just to give you a handle on the size of these numbers:
1 million seconds = 11 1/2 days
1 billion seconds = 31 1/2 years
1 trillion seconds = 32,000 years
It is estimated we will need $750 billion dollars in new taxes to pay for this-much of this falling on small business. We are also going to tax the very wealthy-people making $250,000 per year. Now we already take Federal, State, Property taxes, plus taxes on gas, food, ect., ect....., let's say 50% of ones income. So the very rich now make $125,000 per year. Now we are going to tax them some more. We can also tax "cadillac" health plans-except of course if you belong to a union, or if you are a senator or congressman. Now wait a minute, if this plan is supposed to be so good for all of us, but it is not good enough for our elected officials? No it is not. They have exempted themselves from this and will continue to get their "beyond cadillac" plans.
Mr. Obama promises there will be no increase in taxes on the poor or middle class, but we can have a "sin" tax on cigarettes, alcohol, and soft drinks. Who does he think consumes these products. There is even a proposal to tax plastic surgery like BOTOX. Finally, even Nancy Pelosi will have to contribute.
Obama says he wants government to "compete with private insurance companies" to drive down the cost of healthcare and if you like your current health insurance, you may keep it. But the reality is , there is no such thing as the government competing with private insurance companies. Because government writes the rules and is funded through taxation. Private industry focuses on revenue.
Government creates a large Bureaucracy enables it to enforce it's own rules and regulations. Bureaucracies by nature cost a lot of money. The obvious comparison is the Post Office competing with Federal Express and UPS. The Post Office is less efficient, slower, far more expensive to run and always looses your mail. Like the Post Office, if government mismanages or miscalculates their health care plan, they raise taxes or ration benefits. If private insurance or Federal Express or UPS mismanage, they go out of business. The ultimate end game is a one payer system--SOCIALIZATION OF HEALTH CARE.
RATIONING OF HEALTH CARE
The debate of abortion comes down to one thing, when does life begin--is it:
1. At conception?
2. When the heart first beats?
3. When the fetus is viable?
4. When the baby is out of the birth canal? or
5. 1 week or 1 year after birth?
The flip side of this debate is when does death occur?
1. When you quit breathing and your heart quits beating?
2. When your cost outweigh your assets?
3. When you are no longer productive to society?
4. At age 85, 75 or 65?
The corner stone of "Obamacare" is to impose a "global budget" on medicare. A fifteen member board, appointed by the President, will dictate what is covered and how it will be paid for. The committee will have to meet certain budget targets every year. Starting in 2015, medicare may not grow more rapidly on a per capita basis than by a measure of inflation. By the way this plan has been touted as not adding to the national debt. This is because we start paying for it in 2010, but the benefits of insurance don't begin until 2015. That is, we collect for 10 years and only pay for 5 years. After 2019, it could only grow at the same rate as GDP + 1%. These hard budget caps means there is only so much money to be divided up for care, with no account for demographic changes, longer life spans, higher incidence of diabetes, heart disease, cancer or other diseases. It leaves little room for medical innovation. The commission is mandated to go after "sources of excess cost growth", meaning treatments which are too expensive.
WHAT THIS MEANS TO YOU
Just this week we then heard about the new recommendation that women not needing mammograms until the age of 50 and them not yearly. According to this month's Internal Medicine News, "Breast Cancer Deaths Higher without Routine Screening." Did you know your doctor will be penalized financially if they order too many referrals or too expensive tests on you? "If it bothers you, but you aren't going to die from it, please just live with it." It means you may wait weeks or months to get an appointment with your primary care provider, and specialty care-it will be a long time. As President Obama put it in June, "Maybe you are better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller".
The Medicare Commission will function much like the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, which rations care in England, or a similar board in Washington state created in 2003 to control costs. The Washington Commission, called Health Technology Assessment, is composed of eleven bureaucrats, including a chiropractor and a naturopath. If they determine something isn't cost effective, it isn't covered. This year it is targeting frivolous luxuries like knee replacement, spinal cord stimulators, specialized care for autism, MRI of the abdomen, pelvis and breast for cancer patients.
I'm also frustrated by the AMA (American Medical Association). I have never belonged to the AMA, and I know few physicians who do. The AMA does not speak for me any more than AARP does.
FINALLY, I DO BELIEVE OUR HEALTH INSURANCE NEEDS TO BE REFORMED:
First we need to allow small businesses to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower costs, jut like corporations and labor unions do.
Second, we need to establish access programs allowing individuals with pre existing conditions access to quality, affordable coverage.
Third, we need to be allowed to purchase health insurance across state line, just like we purchase auto insurance, thus allowing competition for insurance companies.
Fourth, we need to promote increased patient accountability through healthcare savings accounts.
Fifth, there must be malparactice reform--protecting doctors and hospitals from frivolous lawsuits.
The only way to take the politics out of health care is to give the individual more power to control medical dollars. And the first step should not be to create even more government spending commitments. The core problem with government run health care is that it doesn't make decisions in the best interest of patients, but in the best interest of government.
This ends the formal presentation I prepared, but someone in the crowd asked me: "Why with the majority of Americans opposing Nancy Pelosi's healthcare plans, do they continue to push them so hard?" Just a thought, Social Security was the greatest Ponzi scheme ever perpetrated on the Atmerican people. Bernie Madoff doesn't have anything on our government. All entitlement programs are basically Ponzi schemes-medicare, medicaid, welfare, ect.....Maybe we are just out of money to continue paying for these, so now we need a new Ponzi scheme.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Mark is one of the National Coordinators for the Tea Party Patriots.
From Parcbench --
Today, Tea Party Patriots from across the nation spent most of the day in DC visiting a variety of Senator’s offices to express our opinion that they should not pass the health care reform bill currently before the Senate. Most staffers were polite enough, though usually we were not permitted any time to speak with a Senator or senior staff. However, clearly the Tea Party Patriots were making their presence known in the Senate office buildings as we executed operation Government Waiting Rooms. As we sat waiting to speak to Senators who wouldn’t show their faces, we got the feeling of what it would be like in government controlled health care system; lots of waiting and no results.
The day turned far more interesting when we heard that Senator Joe Lieberman was on the fence. Three of us decided to head up to the seventh floor to see if the Senator would spare a few minutes and speak with us about his position on the pending bill. Accompanied by fellow Tea Party Patriot National Coordinator Sally Oljar, and California Patriot Michael Greer, I entered Lieberman’s office and we asked to speak with him. We were advised that he wasn’t there, but as we had done in all the previous offices we had visited, we indicated that we’d be happy to wait for him.
Unfortunately, Sen. Lieberman’s staff reacted quite differently than all the other staff we had encountered. The gentleman who appeared to be in charge told us that we had to leave the Senator’s office. He kept repeating that the Senator would not be meeting with us, and that he wanted us to leave. As we sat peacefully in the small waiting room, I simply responded to him by telling him that we were happy to wait. When he again insisted we leave, we engaged in a civil discussion where we advised him that as citizens, we felt we had a right to be there, in a building which we pay for. Finally, he threatened to call the Capitol Police and have us arrested for “loitering.;” We advised him to do whatever he needed to do, but that we weren’t leaving.
Eventually, six armed Capitol Police arrived. One officer entered the waiting room and advised us that the staffer was asking us to leave, and that if we didn’t leave, we’d be arrested. I asked the officer if it was a police request that we leave, and told him that we were law abiding citizens and would leave if he asked us to. He seemed hesitant to do so, and ultimately left the room to speak with the staffer without asking us to leave. After several minutes of pow-wow between the officers and the staffer, we decided to leave before the situation escalated further. It was clear, with six officers on hand, they did intend to arrest us.
All across the country, Senators refuse our calls, ignore our emails, throw away our letters and refuse to meet with us.. Today — in the Senate office building — Senate staff literally threatened to arrest three members of the Tea Party Patriots, including two National Coordinators. When one of the most “moderate” Senators threatens to have well groomed, quiet, cooperative tea partiers arrested simply for sitting in the office waiting to meet with a Senator, it is clear that representative democracy is on
its death bed in this country.
Sound too outrageous to believe? Watch the video and see your government at work.
Hundreds of thousands of swine flu shots for children have been recalled because tests indicate the vaccine doses lost some strength, government health officials said Tuesday.
The recall is for about 800,000 pre-filled syringes intended for young children, ages 6 months to nearly 3 years. The shots, made by Sanofi Pasteur, were distributed across the country last month and most have already been used, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Doctors were notified of the voluntary recall on Tuesday. Dr. Anne Schuchat, a CDC flu expert, stressed that parents don't need to do anything or to worry. The vaccine is still safe, she said. (Yahoo News)
Of course the vaccine is still safe - they were given a watered-down dosage!