Art credit: OhioansAgainstCommonCore.com
COMMON CORE FORUM
Bring Your Legislator to Class Day
Common Core 101
Wednesday – APRIL 9th – 6:00 to 9:00 pm
Capitol Theatre – 77 S. High Street - Directions
· Common Core is a fundamental change in education for every child in Ohio, yet it was never put through the legislative process. Why are legislators refusing to debate it?
· A large majority of Ohio lawmakers had never heard of Common Core before parents and citizens brought it to their attention last April. Why the covert implementation?
· Education is the largest state appropriation. Why were no cost projections done?
· Why does every organization supporting Common Core have a funding tie to Bill Gates?
· Why are Republican legislators supporting Common Core if the RNC has condemned it?
Call them now and explain your insistence and expectation that they attend. We have reserved their seats.
Presenters will include -
· Jamie Gass - Director of the Center for School Reform, Pioneer Institute
· Stan Hartzler, PhD. - Mathematics Educator, an original employee of (John) Saxon Publishing
· Megan Koschnick, PhD. - Child Clinical Psychologist
· Terrence Moore, PhD. - Professor of history at Hillsdale College, Classical School advisor
· Jane Robbins, J.D. - Senior Fellow, American Principles Project
Don’t miss this opportunity for you and your state representative and senator to hear and discuss the implications of Ohio’s adoption of Common Core Standards with the nation’s foremost experts. We’ll address the issues parents and teachers are experiencing and their destructive effect on our children, including developmentally inappropriate standards, explicit and biased content, inane mathematics instruction, elimination of classical literature study, loss of teacher controlled classrooms, incessant testing, intrusive data mining and corporate influence. Hold your representatives accountable.
PLEASE REMIND ALL REPUBLICAN LEGISLATORS THAT THE REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE PASSED A RESOLUTION CONDEMNING COMMON CORE.
# # #