Tea Party Patriots Ordinary citizens reclaiming America's founding principles.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Maya Angelou; "I Like To Have Gun's Around"


In a recent interview with Time Magazine, Acclaimed Author & Poet Maya Angelou, talked about her support of people being allowed to own guns and how she even uses one to protect her home.


Angelou was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Barack Obama in 2011.

From The Washington Times --


In an interview with Time Magazine, famous poet and Obama supporter Maya Angelou recalled a time in her life when she fired a gun to scare off an intruder.

“I do like to have guns around,” she told Time’s Belinda Luscombe when asked if she shared her mother’s fondness for firearms. “I don’t like to carry them. But I like — if somebody is going to come into my house and I have not put out the welcome mat, I want to stop them.”

“Have you ever fired a weapon?” the interviewer asked.

“Of course!” Ms. Angelou affirmed. “I was in my house in North Carolina. It was fall. I heard someone walking on the leaves. And somebody actually turned the knob. So I said, “Stand four feet back because I’m going to shoot now!” Boom! Boom! The police came by and said, ‘Ms. Angelou, the shots came from inside the house.’ I said, ‘Well, I don’t know how that happened.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks For Commenting