This via Ohio TPP Co-coordinator Marianne Gasicki:
"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted." ~ Vladimir Lenin
There is nothing more important than the education of our children. It is here where liberals have been planting their seeds for decades.
Common Core Standards must be stopped in our schools. Seventeen states have already introduced anti-Common Core legislation; let's make Ohio the next one!
Anti-Common Core Legislation to be Introduced in Ohio
3 Days Left to be a Co-Sponsor
Rep. Andy Thompson is sponsoring a bill against Common Core, that is to be introduced July 25th Read the Bill Here
This bill addresses our concerns regarding data mining and sharing of our children's information, funding ties to adoption of CC, PARCC testing, etc.
Calls Make a Difference
Please call the House members below and ask for their co-sponsorship through the following message:
- Are you aware that the Common Core State Standards were never vetted or voted on by Ohio's lawmakers?
- Are you aware that the standards are copyrighted and cannot be changed at the state or local level?
- Are you aware that all grade level assessments will be through a national consortium with no input from teachers?
- Are you aware that no cost projection was done to determine the implementation or operating costs to taxpayers?
- Are you aware that the federal Race to the Top grant is the instrument that ties the Standards, Assessment and Data Collection together and allowed this end-run around you, our elected representatives?
- And lastly, are you aware that the RNC issued a Resolution categorically rejecting Common Core citing among its issues the destruction of educational choice, massive student data collection, nationalized assessments, and the violation of three federal laws?
Please join Rep. Thompson in honoring your oath to defend the Ohio Constitution by protecting our state control over education. Repealing Common Core is the only acceptable response for a responsible legislator.
When you call, request that the legislator's office reply to you at (your phone number) letting you know your intentions before the bill is filed on Thursday, July 25th. Email Cleveland Tea Party Patriots at firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday. Here are recommended legislators; make as many calls as you can.
- State Rep. Ron Amstutz, District 1 (614) 466-1474
- State Rep. Mark Romanchuk District 2 (614) 466-5802
- State Rep. Marlene Aneilski, District 6 (614) 644-6041
- State Rep. Nan Baker, District 16 (614) 466-0961
- State Rep. Terry Blair, District 42 (614) 466-6504
- State Rep. Tim Brown, District 3 (614) 466-8104
- State Rep. Tony Burley, District 82 (614) 644-5091
- State Rep. Margaret Conditt, District 52 (614) 466-8550
- State Rep. Rex Damschroder, District 88 (614) 466-1374
- State Rep. Doug Green, District 66 (614) 644-6034
- State Rep. Christina Hagan, District 50 (614) 466-9078
- State Rep. Wes Retherford, District 51 (614) 644-6721
Thanks to Ohioans Against Common Core for all their hard work and for providing this information.